WORKPACKAGE 1: Project management
This WP primarily aims at providing a structured system for the full administrative and technical management of the project, addressing all methods of risk management, quality assurance, and confidentiality including IPR handling. Thus, it covers the overall work for efficient decision making, referencing in particular:
- Maximizing information flow within and from the project
- Ensuring the financial management and the respect for time scheduling
- Developing the management documents and the exploitation plan
- Delivering to the NATO on time all deliverables according to referenced milestones
- Providing the information material and Minutes of Project Meetings
- Attending and contributing to NATO meetings
- Ensuring high levels of co-operation and synergy exploitation with other projects in similar application domains
- Ensuring quality control
- Ensuring confidentiality and IPR management
Workpackage 1.1.- Project Co-ordination [Leader: CNIT-RASS]
This task includes all management tasks for the overall project organization: preparation of meetings, the arrangement of reports and deliverables, the definition of the project’s financial aspects, etc. It also includes the contract management (contacts with the NATO concerning contractual issues), the planning and reporting (management control plans) and all processes to correctly handle project activities on time and within budget. Finally, it includes the management of any issues regarding Confidentiality and IPR handling.
Workpackage 1.2.- Risk Management and Quality Control [Leader: CNIT-RASS]
In this task are included all activities related to risk management and quality control – ensured by the application of a quality assurance plan, and a “guidance document” to control development practices. Among quality control practices a peer-review of every deliverable is included. Also, problem reporting, problem resolution, and corrective action procedures will be provided.
As far as Risk Management is concerned, a specific practice will be adopted with procedures, methods, and tools for managing risks in the project. The project will provide a disciplined environment for proactive decision making assessing continuously potential risks, determination of which risks are important to deal with and finally the implementation of strategies to deal with those risks.